Hemodynamic and cardiovascular complications
- Eidelberg EE. Cardiovascular response to experimental spinal cord compression. Journal of neurosurgery 1973; 38: 326-331.
- Evans DE, Kobrine AI, Rizzoli HV. Cardiac arrhythmias accompanying acute compression of the spinal cord. Journal of neurosurgery 1980; 52: 52-59.
- Gondim FAA, Lopes ACA, Jr., Oliveira GR, Rodrigues CL, Leal PRL, Santos AA et al. Cardiovascular control after spinal cord injury. Current vascular pharmacology 2004; 2: 71-79.
- Greenhoot JH, Shiel FO, Mauck HP, Jr. Experimental spinal cord injury. Electrocardiographic abnormalities and fuchsinophilic myocardial degeneration. Archives of neurology 1972; 26: 524-529.
- Laird AS, Finch AM, Waite PME, Carrive P. Peripheral changes above and below injury level lead to prolonged vascular responses following high spinal cord injury. American journal of physiology. Heart and circulatory physiology 2008; 294: H785-792-H785-792.
- Meinecke FW, Rosenkranz KA, Kurek CM. Regulation of the cardiovascular system in patients with fresh injuries to the spinal cord--preliminary report. Paraplegia 1971; 9: 109-112.
- Piepmeier JM, Lehmann KB, Lane JG. Cardiovascular instability following acute cervical spinal cord trauma. Central nervous system trauma: journal of the American Paralysis Association 1985; 2: 153-160.
- Teasell RW, Arnold JM, Krassioukov A, Delaney GA. Cardiovascular consequences of loss of supraspinal control of the sympathetic nervous system after spinal cord injury. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation 2000; 81: 506-516.