1. Bizzarini E, Saccavini M, Lipanje F, Magrin P, Malisan C, Zampa A. Exercise prescription in subjects with spinal cord injuries. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2005; 86: 1170-1175.
2. Ditor DS, Latimer AE, Martin Ginis KA, Arbour KP, McCartney N, Hicks AL. Maintenance of exercise participation in individuals with spinal cord injury: effects on quality of life, stress and pain. Spinal Cord 2003; 41: 446-450.
3. Ginis KAM, Hicks AL, Latimer AE, Warburton DER, Bourne C, Ditor DS. et al. The development of evidence-informed physical activity guidelines for adults with spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2011; 49: 1088-1096.
4. Hicks AL, Martin KA, Ditor DS, Latimer AE, Craven C, Bugaresti J. et al. Long-term exercise training in persons with spinal cord injury: effects on strength, arm ergometry performance and psychological well-being. Spinal Cord 2003; 41: 34-43.
5. Jacobs PL, Beekhuizen KS. Appraisal of physiological fitness in persons with spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2005; 10: 32-50.
6. Jacobs PL, Nash MS. Exercise recommendations for individuals with spinal cord injury. Sports Med 2004; 34: 727-751.
7. Johnston TE, Smith BT, Mulcahey MJ, Betz RR, Lauer RT. A randomized controlled trial on the effects of cycling with and without electrical stimulation on cardiorespiratory and vascular health in children with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2009; 90: 1379-1388.
8. Latimer AE, Ginis KAM, Arbour KP. The efficacy of an implementation intention intervention for promoting physical activity among individuals with spinal cord injury: a randomized controlled trial. Rehabil Psychol 2006; 51: 273-280.
9. Latimer AE, Martin Ginis KA, Craven BC, Hicks AL. The physical activity recall assessment for people with spinal cord injury: validity. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006; 38: 208-216.
10. Latimer AE, Martin Ginis KA, Hicks AL, McCartney N. An examination of the mechanisms of exercise-induced change in psychological well-being among people with spinal cord injury. J Rehabil Res Dev 2004; 41: 643-652.
11. Martin Ginis KA, Hicks AL. Exercise research issues in the spinal cord injured population. Exerc Sport Sci Rev 2005; 33: 49-53.
12. Martin Ginis KA, Latimer AE, Hicks AL, Craven BC. Development and evaluation of an activity measure for people with spinal cord injury. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2005; 37: 1099-1111.
13. Martin Ginis KA, Latimer AE, McKechnie K, Ditor DS, McCartney N, Hicks AL. et al. Using exercise to enhance subjective well-being among people with spinal cord injury: the mediating influences of stress and pain. Rehabil Psychol 2003; 48: 157-164.
14. Price MJ, Campbell IG. Effects of spinal cord lesion level upon thermoregulation during exercise in the heat. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2003; 35: 1100-1107.
15. Scelza WM, Kalpakjian CZ, Zemper ED, Tate DG. Perceived barriers to exercise in people with spinal cord injury. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2005; 84: 576-583.
16. Stewart MW, Melton-Rogers SL, Morrison S, Figoni SF. The measurement properties of fitness measures and health status for persons with spinal cord injuries. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2000; 81: 394-400.
17. Valent L, Dallmeijer A, Houdijk H, Talsma E, van der Woude L. The effects of upper body exercise on the physical capacity of people with a spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Clin Rehabil 2007; 21: 315-330.
18. Warburton DER, Eng JJ, Krassioukov A, Sproule S. Cardiovascular health and exercise rehabilitation in spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2007; 13: 98-122.
19. Warburton DER, Sproule S, Krassioukov A, Eng JJ. Cardiovascular health and exercise following spinal cord injury. In: Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Evidence, Eng JJ, et al., Editors. 2006: Vancouver. pp 7.1-7.28.
20. Washburn RA, Figoni SF. Physical activity and chronic cardiovascular disease prevention in spinal cord injury: a comprehensive literature review. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 1998; 3: 16-32.
21. Wise H, Thomas K, Nietert P, Brown D, Sword D, Diehl N. Home physical activity programs for the promotion of health and wellness in individuals with spinal cord injury. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2009; 14: 122-132.