1. Beekhuizen KS, Field-Fote EC. Massed practice versus massed practice with stimulation: effects on upper extremity function and cortical plasticity in individuals with incomplete cervical spinal cord injury. Neurorehabil Neural Repair 2005; 19: 33-45.
2. Coates S, Harvey L, Dunlop S, Allison G. The AuSpinal: a test of hand function for people with tetraplegia. Spinal Cord 2011; 49: 219-229.
3. Connolly S, Aubut J, Teasell RW, Jarus T. Upper limb rehabilitation following spinal cord injury. In: Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Evidence (SCIRE), Eng JJ, et al., Editors. 2006: Vancouver. pp 5.1-5.16.
4. Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine. Preservation of upper limb function following spinal cord injury: what you should know. A guide for people with spinal cord injury. 2008, Washington, DC: Paralyzed Veterans of America.
5. Curtin M. An analysis of tetraplegic hand grips. Br J Occup Ther 1999; 62: 444-450.
6. DiPasquale-Lehnerz P. Orthotic intervention for development of hand function with C-6 quadriplegia. Am J Occup Ther 1994; 48: 138-144.
7. Harvey L. Principles of conservative management for a non-orthotic tenodesis grip in tetraplegics. J Hand Ther 1996; 9: 238-242.
8. Harvey LA, Batty J, Jones R, Crosbie J. Hand function of C6 and C7 tetraplegics 1-16 years following injury. Spinal Cord 2001; 39: 37-43.
9. Johanson ME, Murray WM. The unoperated hand: the role of passive forces in hand function after tetraplegia. Hand Clin 2002; 18: 391-398.
10. Land NE, Odding E, Duivenvoorden HJ, Bergen MP, Stam HJ. Tetraplegia Hand Activity Questionnaire (THAQ): the development, assessment of arm-hand function-related activities in tetraplegic patients with a spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2004; 42: 294-301.
11. Marino RJ, Shea JA, Stineman MG. The Capabilities of Upper Extremity instrument: reliability and validity of a measure of functional limitation in tetraplegia. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1998; 79: 1512-1521.
12. Peckham PH, Gorman PH. Functional electrical stimulation in the 21st century. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil 2004; 10: 126-150.
13. Popovic MR, Thrasher TA, Adams ME, Takes V, Zivanovic V, Tonack MI. Functional electrical therapy: retraining grasping in spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2006; 44: 143-151.
14. Post MWM, Van Lieshout G, Seelen HAM, Snoek GJ, IJzerman MJ, Pons C. Measurement properties of the short version of the Van Lieshout test for arm/hand function of persons with tetraplegia after spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2006; 44: 763-771.
15. Snoek GJ, IJzerman MJ, in 't Groen FA, Stoffers TS, Zilvold G. Use of the NESS handmaster to restore handfunction in tetraplegia: clinical experiences in ten patients. Spinal Cord 2000; 38: 244-249.
16. Spooren AI, Janssen-Potten YJ, Kerckhofs E, Seelen HA. Outcome of motor training programmes on arm and hand functioning in patients with cervical spinal cord injury according to different levels of the ICF: a systematic review. J Rehabil Med 2009; 41: 497-505.
17. Spooren AI, Janssen-Potten YJ, Post MW, Kerckhofs E, Nene A, Seelen HA. Measuring change in arm hand skilled performance in persons with a cervical spinal cord injury: responsiveness of the Van Lieshout Test. Spinal Cord 2006; 44: 772-779.