Early and late complications in SCI: Pressure ulcer infection and sepsis
- Pressure ulcers prevalence, cost and risk assessment: consensus development conference statement--The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel. Decubitus 1989; 2: 24-28.
- Garber SL, Rintala DH. Pressure ulcers in veterans with spinal cord injury: a retrospective study. Journal of rehabilitation research and development 2003; 40: 433-441.
- Livesley NJ, Chow AW. Infected pressure ulcers in elderly individuals. Clinical infectious diseases: an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2002; 35: 1390-1396.
- Molan PC. Potential of honey in the treatment of wounds and burns. American journal of clinical dermatology 2001; 2: 13-19.
- Pieper B. Mechanical Forces: Pressure, shear, and friction. In: Bryant RA. Acute and Chronic Wounds: Nursing Management, Second Edition. Mosby, Inc., 2000; 221-64
- Reuler JB, Cooney TG. The pressure sore: pathophysiology and principles of management. Annals of internal medicine 1981; 94: 661-666.
- Robson MC, Phillips LG, Thomason A, Robson LE, Pierce GF. Platelet-derived growth factor BB for the treatment of chronic pressure ulcers. Lancet 1992; 339: 23-25.
- Sherman RA, Wyle F, Vulpe M. Maggot therapy for treating pressure ulcers in spinal cord injury patients. The journal of spinal cord medicine 1995; 18: 71-74.
- Terkelsen LH, Eskild-Jensen A, Kjeldsen H, Barker JH, Hjortdal VE. Topical application of cod liver oil ointment accelerates wound healing: an experimental study in wounds in the ears of hairless mice. Scandinavian journal of plastic and reconstructive surgery and hand surgery / Nordisk plastikkirurgisk forening [and] Nordisk klubb for handkirurgi 2000; 34: 15-20.